São Paulo, October 2022 – With technological advances and constant transformations, many businesses have already adapted to the digital world. However, the pandemic accelerated the migration and most companies had to quickly reshape themselves to continue selling online.
What used to be an optional process, today a company that has not yet joined e-commerce must start thinking strategically in order to enter this business, because it has become fundamental, since we live in a technological era with a large part of the population hyper-connected.. In other words. , through online business the reach becomes even bigger and more attractive.
Considering this opportunity scenario and to help entrepreneurs succeed in online commerce, Rcell has developed a digital platform with accompanying materials for small and medium-sized merchants. “In addition to the services that customers already count on, such as: issuing tickets, sending documents, tracking cargo, among others, the platform also includes a blog with tips to improve your company”, informs Alexandre Elias, CMO of Grupo Rcell.
To help retailers succeed in digital commerce, Alexandre Elias listed 11 tips. Check it out!
01. Don’t waste any more time – If you’re not selling online yet, start as soon as possible, so you don’t let your competition run over you. Those who have already ventured into e-commerce will do everything not to lose the space they have won. But it’s never too late to start;
02. Start with the basics – There is no need for huge investments to start selling online. It is possible to enter the wave of e-commerce with a small investment, so that the initial cost does not unbalance your accounts, and at the same time it allows you to take the first steps in the field of digital sales;
03. Register a good domain – Without an electronic address (URL) there is no e-commerce. When registering, try to enter a strategic word that defines your business. Try to use names that are short and easy to remember. Sites like Locaweb and Kinghost, among others, can help with domain registration;
04. Choose your platform – The next step is to choose a good e-commerce platform. The possibilities are numerous and at very favorable prices. Sites like Shopify, Wix, and Magento are good places to start. Once you’ve chosen a monthly subscription plan, you’ll just need to configure the platform and register your products. Evaluate what features the site offers, whether it allows integration with a major means of payment;
05. Capriche in appearance – Saving money in creating an identity can be a shot in the foot. In the beginning, if you have to reformulate, the headache will be big. It is best to hire a specialized expert to take care of this, because he will be able to develop not only the logo, but also all the visual planning that will guarantee your e-commerce a clear, reliable and recognizable image;
06. Means of payment – Integrating the online store with your bank’s payment slip system and credit card operators usually means some savings on fees, but it’s a hell of a job – you’re still liable, depending on the case, for fraud prevention. Therefore, it might be a good idea to resort to payment intermediaries, which bridge your virtual store and financial institutions;
07. Use marketplaces – Digital shopping centers known as marketplaces – Mercado Livre, Americanas, Submarino, Shoppe, Amazon, Google Shopping and Facebook Shopping, among others – are the fastest and most practical way to expose your products to a large audience. There are several e-commerce platforms (such as VTEX and Magento) that offer native integrations with major marketplaces;
08. Abuse of networks – Instagram and Facebook are excellent tools to increase your online sales. In addition to encouraging impulsive purchases, they bring retailers closer to consumers and greatly facilitate their lives, for example, when asking questions about a certain product or advertising promotions;
09. User experience – Try to see your e-commerce from the customers’ perspective, putting yourself in their place at the time of purchase. Example: Many consumers prefer to shop via mobile devices. In this case, it is important that your online store works well on mobile phones;
10. Logistics and shipping – How will you deliver a product purchased online? And how will you calculate the shipping costs? Without solving these problems, your e-commerce cannot function. Correios is usually the first option for those starting an e-commerce business from scratch, and you can also choose to outsource the delivery service by hiring a carrier. In addition, there is also the possibility of hiring a motorcycle, if the delivery is local. Most importantly, whatever you choose, don’t promise deadlines you can’t meet;
11. Understanding the law – Yes, there is a specific law for e-commerce that provides a number of good practices, including: information about the product and its supplier must be clearly described, including information such as company name, CNPJ and contact phone number; sold products must be accompanied by a technical description with information on colors, weight, size and other essential characteristics; e-commerce must provide an electronic channel for consumer contact, such as a chat or email address; information on payment terms, shipping and exchange and return policies must be clear and complete.
About Rcell: Rcell is the largest private electronics distributor in the country. With 20 years of tradition and logistics coverage that reaches more than 28 thousand sales points in all regions of Brazil. It has four distribution centers (DC), located in: São Paulo, Espírito Santo and Santa Catarina.
It is the official distributor of more than 30 manufacturers, including Samsung, Motorola and Philco smartphones, Samsung, Philco and Asus laptops, PlayStation, Nintendo video games, Warner Games, and is present in esports with confidence. In 2020, he announced a partnership for the distribution of products of the brands Electrolux, Whirlpool (Brastemp and Consul), Black & Decker, Panasonic, Canon, among others. It recently signed a partnership with Qualcomm to distribute Acer’s Snapdragon chip and 5G mobile phones in the country.
Rcell also has a B2B website – www.lojarcell.com.br, created especially for retailers who prefer to shop online. This year, it signed a partnership with the brand H3RO, a startup focused on the gaming and eSports segment.
In 2021, it sold 4 million products, and for five consecutive years it is the leading distributor in terms of the number of activations of Samsung smartphones with more than 8.9 million units. In 2018, it was awarded for selling more than 400,000 video game consoles in the country, a record currently held by the company. It is ranked 307th among the 1000 largest companies in Brazil in the ranking published by Valor 1000 – 2022.